Apply by: December 31, 2014
Organization: Community Help Community (CHC)
Community Help Community International Group Team for worldwide Communities is led and chaired by CHC International Committee (Dr. Galya Ruffer USA, Mr. Yiombi South Korea, Ms. Sonia Australia and Muhammad Pakistan). CHC International is composed by 100 members, including the Committee members, experts, youth, communities and volunteers from 30 countries.
The CHC International will provide strategic guidance, policy advice, technical support and oversight to CHC’s country level operational activities led by the CHC International Committee, Global Coordinators and CHC Country Teams. The CHC Coordinators supports efforts such as achieving global and national development goals including strengthening the communities, and help enhance effectiveness and efficiency of CHC Internationals’ coordination functions and CHC programming coherence. The work of the CHC International will be guided by the CHC Committee comprehensive policy review of CHC International operational activities for development, and the global CHC International’s Strategic Priorities for 2015.
Working under the direct supervision of the CHC International Committee, in support of the Regional and National Teams, the assigned Coordination Specialist has responsibility to work with the CHC International to support and help coordinate the design, development, management, and monitoring of CHC International activities to achieve outcomes as articulated by the CHC Committee Work plan.
The Coordination Specialist, will work under the supervision of the CHC Committee and provide guidance and support in the day to day management of the CHC International Secretariat. As one of the members of the Secretariat of the CHC International, the Global and Regional Coordination Specialists will promote partnership, and synergy with the Communities, Experts, Youth, NGOs and Public Figures to achieve results stipulated in the CHC International work plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
Progress towards Global and regional CHC International planned results supported, including:
- Prepare the Global and Regional CHC International ’s annual/biannual work plan and budget, in line with the global CHC’s Strategic Priorities; support the CHC International to monitor progress towards annual workplan results; draft the Annual Progress Reports of the CHC International;
- Coordinate the preparation of advice, analytical inputs, talking points and briefing notes for CHC International meetings and for the CHC International Committee as requested;
- Organize CHC International’s meetings; including preparation, compilation and circulation of background documents for all agenda items, and prepare minutes of all meetings and undertake relevant follow-up on agreed decisions;
- Ensure follow up on key process and work plan outputs, with agency focal points to support the achievement of results.
Support provided to the CHC International Committee, the Global, Regional and CHC Country Teams on Network collaboration and reform, including:
- Assist and advice the CHC International Network in ensuring that the latest CHC International Reform directives and initiatives are implemented, monitored and reported including regional oversight functions, quality service and advice (QSA), joint programming, resource mobilization strategies, strengthened country level coordination support, post crisis, and other Reform mandates;
- Assist and advice the CHC International Committee Team in reviewing documents and policy papers and consolidating relevant feedback and inputs of the Global & Regional Team; and prepare communications on these issues for the CHC International Committee, especially when joint messages or feedback from CHC International Global & regional teams are required;
- Coordinate the support offered by the Secretariat to CHC International Network;
- Stay abreast of developments in the consultations and negotiations on the Post 2015 Development Agenda and related debates, share relevant information with stakeholders, and facilitate support and inputs to national and regional processes, as required.
- Support the CHC International in developing a shared regional identity, and focus on regional development challenges, positioning the CHC International as a partner;
- Coordinate response to inquiries from the field and other stakeholders on CHC International Network related issues, including , Joint Programming, etc;
- Support the CHC International in providing inputs and advice to CHC International Committee in her function as on key system issues and concerns from the CHC International Network.
Strengthened strategic partnerships in support of CHC International Strategic Priorities and CHC International work plan implementation, including by:
- Coordinate the quality support and advice (QSA) function of the CHC International and its formulation, implementation and M&E in the region;
- Organize the GC & RC appraisal process according to established guidelines and support the CHC International to ensure the implementation, database maintenance, follow-up and report back.;
- Assist the CHC International with the mobilization of financial and human resources (e.g. from global initiatives, or donor countries);
- Support inter-agency initiatives and regional focal points (e.g. CHC International task teams, thematic working groups, project steering committees, etc), as articulated in the CHC International workplan, to achieve CHC International results, especially related to enhanced coherent regional support;
- Assist the UNDG LAC Peer Support Group (PSG) as needed to develop and implement the PSG annual work plan.
Knowledge building and management facilitated, including:
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly publication or the CHC International Bulletin, and support the CHC International Committee in preparing regular updates for CHC International Network, also seeking inputs from the field via de Coordination Officers;
- Maintain and update the CHC International segment of the CHC International website;
- Oversee, on behalf of the CHC International Committee, the establishment of electronic and other mechanisms for CHC International regional and country level stakeholders to access relevant resources on CHC International coordination, CHC International initiatives and priorities;
- Assist the CHC International to organize trainings as needed.
- Maintain close communications with all CHC International Network in the region;
- Function as the key liaison with CHC International Network to ensure an optimal communication flow and pro-active management of emerging issues within the Global and Regional Teams;
- Serve as the first point of entry for CHC International Global and Regional Teams and work in collaboration with CHC International’s Regional Liaison Advisors who support the CHC International at the global level;
- Manage and provide day to day supervision of the CHC International Secretariat Team, including distribution of tasks, preparation of an internal work plan and follow up on agreed outputs.
- Innovation – Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
- Leadership – Ability to persuade others to follow;
- People Management – Ability to improve performance and satisfaction;
- Communication – Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
- Delivery – Ability to get things done.
- Knowledge of the UN and other Systems and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations;
- Relationship Management / Partnerships – Ability to engage with other parties, agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships;
- Advocacy – Ability to advocate a point of view and influence others;
- Resource Mobilization – Ability to identify and organize programmes and projects to implement solutions and generate resources;
- Results-based Management – Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results.
- Knowledge Management – Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge;
- Quality Assurance – Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to insure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled;
- Research (General) – Knowledge of various programme information for research to provide recommendation and guidance to management;
- Brief and Speech Writing – Ability to prepare quality briefs and/or speeches.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree or equivalent in related field.
- Schools certificate holders with field experience are also encouraged to apply
- 1 year or less of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services;
- Field experience in a country level;
- Experience in and understanding of the design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects, the development-humanitarian spectrum, and organizational change would be an advantage;
- Knowledge about the UN, NGOs, Communities, Youth,
- Delivering as One, the Standard Operating Procedures, and Donors would be an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages required; experience in handling of web based management systems an asset.
Fluency in English is required;
CHC International is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, persons with disabilities and with school certificates are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Kindly send your CV to [email protected] with Subject Volunteer (Position):
- Director Global Coordination Youth Refugees
- Director Global Coordination Youth (University students from different countries)
- Director Global Coordination Host Communities
- Director Global Coordination Refugee Communities Director Global Coordination Experts (different sectors) Director Global Coordination NGOs (different sectors)
- Director Global Coordination Community Practices Director Global Coordination Refined and documented Practices
- Director Global Coordination Businessmen (to involve businessmen in humanitarian activities this sub-network will be built by Mr. P’Veerawit and Muhammad)
- Director Global Coordination Public Figures
- Assistant Directors Global Coordination (will assist above directors in different sectors)
- Regional Directors
- Country Managers ( If CHC is registered in that country then National Office )
- Community Help Community (CHC) Committee,
Galya Ruffer Twitter: @gbruffer
Yiombi Thona Twitter: @Yiombi ,
Muhammad Ejaz Twitter: @MuhammadCHC ,
Sonia Bin Ali Twitter @UrbanRefugees
Download the application form here