Apply by: December 9, 2014
Organization: ASEAN - Association of Southeast Asian Nations
THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT INVITES INDONESIAN CITIZENS OR ASEAN NATIONALS WITH PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS IN INDONESIA TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING VACANCY TECHNICAL OFFICER SOCIAL WELFARE, WOMEN, LABOUR & MIGRANT WORKERS (SWWLMW) DIVISION
The ASEAN Secretariat is the nerve centre of ASEAN which is a regional inter-governmental organisation founded in 1967 to promote peace and stability, sustained economic growth, shared prosperity and social progress. It comprises the ten countries of Southeast Asia.
The entry into force of the ASEAN Charter on 15 December 2008 has provided new impetus to ASEAN’s integration efforts by establishing a legal framework and an institutional setup required to achieve the ASEAN Community by 2015. This includes the newly approved organisational structure of the ASEAN Secretariat that is aligned to the requirements of the Charter and the three Blueprints of the ASEAN Political-Security Community (APSC), the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), and the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC). The ASEAN Secretariat is therefore well positioned to provide the necessary functions required to effectively support the community-building process under the Charter and the Blueprints.
Currently, the ASEAN Secretariat is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy of Technical Officer who will work under the Social Welfare, Women, Labor & Migrant Workers Division, Socio-Cultural Cooperation Directorate, ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Department. This Division is responsible to manage ASEAN cooperation in labor and migrant workers, women’s advancement and gender quality, social welfare and development, rural development and poverty eradication, and civil service matters.
Duties and Responsibiliti es
The duties will cover, but not limited to, the following
- Provide technical and administrative support to the ASEAN sectoral bodies with respect to meetings.
- Provide the relevant documents and logistics for the meetings.
- Assist with and/or draft meeting and/or mission reports.
- Assist with the coordination of the follow-up actions and decisions of the meetings with relevant internal and external parties.
- Provide support with respect to formulation, appraisal, implementation and monitoring of programmes and projects in the areas of social welfare, women, rural development and poverty eradication.
Formulate, appraise, implement and monitor projects.
- Maintain and manage documentation of projects.
- Prepare document for cash disbursement for projects.
- Communicate with project proponents.
- Facilitate requests from ASEAN Member States, Dialogue Partners and others as required.
- Prepare, compile and maintain data records and documentation of the activities, decisions and initiatives related to the sectors.
- Provide information for member countries regarding specific issues within the sector.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Economics or an appropriate related field or discipline with a minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in technical role. Candidates with Advanced degree in any of the above disciplines with three (3) years relevant work experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and policy, research and technical skills in the relevant area and ability to acquire them.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and review policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment and in work planning.
- Sound oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
- Sound command of English, written and spoken.
Remuneration and Benefits
Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package including monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalisation insurance, and annual bonus of a month’s basic salary. Subject to good performance during the probation, the candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of three (3) years, inclusive of the 6-month probationary period. Selected candidate is expected to start on 15 January 2015.
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at www.asean.org.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Technical Officer Social Welfare, Women, Labor & Migrant Workers.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 9 December 2014.
The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.