Apply by: February 17, 2017
Organization: Asia Pacific Refugee Rights Network
The Asia Pacific Refugee Rights Network (APRRN) is an open and growing network consisting of more than 300 civil society organisations and individuals from 26 countries, committed to advancing the rights of refugees in the Asia Pacific region. The network is supported by a secretariat of five staff, based in Bangkok. APRRN’s activities are structured into key areas of joint advocacy, capacity strengthening, resource sharing and outreach.
Our members are diverse, including service providers, human rights advocacy groups, research institutions, law firms providing pro-bono legal aid, refugee community-based organisations and refugees themselves. Almost all APRRN members are civil society groups working in their specific local contexts, lobbying their governments for changes in policies and legislation to protect the rights of refugees.
APRRN’s vision for the Asia-Pacific region is one in which all people affected by displacement and statelessness have equal and adequate access to assistance and protection, and to timely durable solutions as needed. Our goal is to work towards a future in which refugee communities, civil society, States, UNHCR and other actors collaborate effectively towards the common purpose of protection.
- Position title : Finance Manager
- Salary : 70,000 Thai Baht per month
- Benefits : Benefits include basic health insurance and contributions to staff provident fund
- Work Location : Bangkok
- Hours : Full-time (40 hours per week) Part time options to be considered
- Length of role : One-year contract with potential for renewal, subject to funding and performance. A three month probation period will apply.
- Further information : Please visit our website at www.aprrn.info for further information on APRRN.
For further information on the position please email [email protected]
How to apply:
Please send your application as a Word or PDF document to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: APRRN Finance Manager”.
The application should include:
• a CV of maximum 2 pages;
• a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages);
• contact details for three referees.
Please make sure these are saved in one document and the title of the document is Application_FM_(Your full name).
Applications close: February 17, 2017 (12 PM Bangkok time)
- Review and maintain all organisational accounting systems;
- Maintain and report on all transactions on all bank accounts under the name of APRRN, including monthly bank reconciliations;
- Support the Secretary General in controlling expenditure according to financial regulations of donors;
- Support the Secretary General in developing annual budgets;
- Provide regular financial reports to the Secretary General and the Steering Committee through the Governance Finance Sub-Committee;
- Prepare financial reports for donors as well as budgets;
- Ensure compliance with organisational accounting standards under Thai law including external audits;
- Assist the Secretariat and Treasurer in ensuring financial policies and guidelines are up-to date and implemented;
- Review financial policies and guidelines as needed.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least 5 years of working experience in accountancy
- Solid working experience with NGOs and familiarity with the operational and legal environment forNGOs in Thailand
- Demonstrated experience in working with donors (foundations, UN agencies, governmentagencies)
- Demonstrated ability to work with accounting systems like Quick Book
- Strong understanding of accounting practices and annual audits
- Technical aptitude and expertise with tools (including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite ofproducts: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to provide reports and develop budgets
- Advanced spoken and written English language skills
- Excellent spoken and written Thai language skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting
- Reliable, self-motivated, disciplined, positive in outlook
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- A demonstrated commitment to the values of APRRN