Apply by: June 22, 2015
EngageMedia is looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated professional to lead its operational management. EngageMedia’s programs and operations span the Southeast Asia region and the globe, with particular focus on Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Myanmar.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring EngageMedia’s finances, administration, human resources, policies and procedures, planning, grant management and knowledge and project management systems are organised to the highest standard.
The Operations Manager builds the strength of EngageMedia’s operational infrastructure in order to ensure our program work is dynamic, strategic and well executed.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]. The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm, Jakarta time, June 22, 2015
- Grow the organisation’s operational capacity and efficiency to best support it’s programmatic activities
- Ensure the financial integrity of the organisation
- Provide sound and timely finance and administrative support to all program activities
- Ensure a productive and well managed working environment for staff and consultants
Roles and Responsibilities
Finance and Funding
- Assist in the development of annual and project budgets
- Oversee the tracking of project budgets in coordination with the Finance Manager and project lead
- Ensure a healthy cash flow and reserves are maintained
- Authorise invoices and payments
- Work with the Finance Manager to oversee and develop banking systems
- Oversee the preparation of financial and operations reports to the board
- Assist with and at times lead grant reporting and grant management
Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate the design, maintenance and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures
- Ensure that personnel policies are adhered to in all employment practices
- Oversee and develop financial and administrative systems
- Oversee the organisation’s intranet, knowledge and project management systems
- Oversee internal filing and archiving, developing and improving systems
- Develop and maintain a series of templates (e.g. contractors, staff, MoUs, projects, programs, administration).
- Oversee the development and execution of contracts and MoUs
- Oversee office management, ensuring offices are sufficiently resourced to support program and operational activities
- Ensure project plans and their targets are synced with available resources
- Ensure all organisational activities are properly timelined and calendared
- Assist with scheduling and planning of the organisation’s activities
- Assist with and at times lead staff meeting scheduling and preparation
- Increase office efficiency
- Lead the organisation’s human resources, managing staff needs and performance
- Coordinate regular staff performance reviews
- Lead recruitment of new staff and consultants
- Oversee and manage all finance and administrative staff
- Prepare staff and contractor contracts and position descriptions
- Manage the induction and separation of staff
- Coordinate insurance and other staff benefits
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management position in a media or non-profit organisation
- Familiarity working in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one Southeast Asian language
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing operational systems
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple activities and competing priorities
- Proven team leadership in cross-cultural environments
- Demonstrated experience in finance monitoring and reporting
- Extensive experience in human resource management
- Familiarity with foundation funding models, grant management and reporting
- Experience in working in the media and/or advocacy sectors
- Familiarity working with a range of technologies for organisational and project management
- Ability to perform well under pressure, with high attention to detail
- Motivated, self-organised and proactive in taking initiative
Start Date, Location and Remuneration
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month, full time contract will be offered. The position must be based the organisation’s Yogyakarta office in Indonesia. The position is open to non-Indonesians. Requisite working visas and moving allowances for non-Indonesians will be provided should the successful candidate be non-Indonesian.
A competitive international NGO wage will be offered. A monthly communications allowance and health and travel insurance are included.
How to Apply
- describe your interest in the position and why you would want to work with EngageMedia; (Max 500 words)
- append your CV and the names and contacts of two referees.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]. The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm, Jakarta time, June 22, 2015.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.