Apply by: June 28, 2015
ARROW is a regional non-‐profit women’s NGO based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and has consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. Since it was established in 1993, it has been working to advance women’s health, affirmative sexuality and rights, and empower women through information and knowledge, engagement, advocacy and mobilisation.
Currently ARROW is seeking a consultant to help in the design, analysis, development and implementation of an MIS software by doing the following:
A) Developing an MIS framework and guidelines This would entail:
- Understanding processes and assist in assessing, and responding to, organizational needs
- With collaboration of the team, identifying the practical needs for data to be collected and used
- Reviewing existing data-‐entry and reporting formats.
- Training and guiding the teams to select the most important data categories of collection and design user friendly report formats, feedback mechanisms, and analysis procedures to reflect these choices.
- Advising on technical specifications of the needed hardware to install the developed MIS.
- Advising on the needed human resources to implement and initiate the MIS
B) Develop the software for ARROW MIS This would entail :
- Developing a custom built or modifying existing available MIS software according to ARROW’s needs and suggestions
- Introducing the new software to the teams and conducting a training
- Piloting the MIS and making improvements/additions based on that
- Being available in an advisory capacity to resolve initial implementation issues
- Bachelors degree in Computer/Management Information System or related discipline from a recognized University. Master degree or any related professional certificates is a plus.
- 5 years of relevant experience in project management and system analysis in the field of MIS
- Awareness of the working of a non-‐profit, non governmental organization including program LFA and systems
- Competent knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle, Data Management and Analysis Software and Business Report Generation.
- Familiarity with database languages
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand processes and identify key issues.
- Detail-‐oriented with the ability to interpret qualitative and abstract data needs
- Excellence in spoken and written English
- Strong verbal and personal communication skills
- Able to quickly prioritize the work and organize
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their Curriculum Vitae with a proposal/letter of interest, expected fees and timelines. Kindly note that interested candidates can apply either for the full call i.e. A and B together or based on their expertise and availability apply for either one of the two components. The consultant is expected to work closely with the organization’s focal point for MIS. Long distance communications and meetings as well as possibility of travel to Malaysia are foreseen.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.