Apply by: February 9, 2015
Organization: Amnesty International
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than seven million supporters, members and activists in over 150 countries. We work with and for each other to defend human rights anywhere in the world. Amnesty International is independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion and is concerned solely with the impartial protection of human rights. Amnesty International is an equal opportunity employer.
Amnesty International Thailand (Local Thai Association) is seeking a dynamic and highly experienced individual to lead and manage the exciting next stage in its programme organizational life. The role of Director is great opportunity for someone who is passionate about human rights for all and ready for a creative new challenge.
Under the direction of the Board of Trustees of Amnesty International Thailand,
the Director will:
- Drive the development and implementation of Amnesty International Thailand’s strategic human rights agenda in the country, including effective constituency and activist movement development, campaign and media work;
- Promote an organizational vision for Amnesty International Thailand that inspires internal and external stakeholders and underpins organizational, programme and resource innovations towards greater impact, profile, presence and sustainability;
- Lead Amnesty International Thailand contribution to the strategic direction of the global Amnesty International movement through a solid human rights programme linked to a clear theory of change for priority human rights issues in Thailand;
- Champion an organizational culture within Amnesty International Thailand that puts a premium to quality work, learning and accountability as well as effective collaboration and positive engagement with Amnesty International in southeast Asia and elsewhere in the world in a manner that models the benefits of One Amnesty.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least five (5) years management experience at senior level, including organization development and change, preferably in an international organization;
- Have a demonstrated commitment to human rights for all and recognized knowledge of justice and accountability;
- Be creative and innovative, with excellent communication skills and a solid commitment to participatory approaches to programming as well as in organizational processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Excellent command of Thai (spoken and written)
Please submit your letter of application, with a recent CV and expected salary, to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 9th February 2015.
Amnesty International offers a competitive remuneration package.
–We respect all applications but we will respond only to the shortlisted candidates.–