December 15, 2021
CSO Event in Thailand
The Asia Centre will launch an online event titled “Business and Human Rights in Southeast Asia: Progress Towards Developing National Action Plans” on 15 December 2021. The event will be separated into 2 panels. The first panel is from 10.00 AM – 12.00 PM (GMT+7). The second panel is from 2.00 PM – 4.00 PM. (GMT+7).
Here are the list of speakers:
- Paolo Zamora, Programme Manager, Council of Asian Liberals and Democrats
- Vicky Bowman, Head of the Myanmar Center for Responsible Business
- Obiora Okafor, UN Independent Expert on Human Rights and International Solidarity
- Betty Yolanda, Asia Regional Manager, Business and Human Rights Resource Centre
- Thomas Thomas, CEO at ASEAN CSR Network Ltd.
- Akiko Sato, Asia Centre Associate and Japan Coordinator, Business and Human Rights Centre
The moderators will be Tricia Yeon, Chief Executive Officer, The institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs and Husai Chantarawirod, Programme Officer, Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom.
The discussion will focus on the latest developments and challenges to the implementation of the national action plans (NAPs) in Southeast Asia and the participation of business organisations and parliamentarians in realising NAPs.
To sign up for the event, click here.