Apply by: October 26, 2014
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Secretariat is the nerve centre of ASEAN, a regional inter-governmental organisation founded in 1967, to promote peace and stability, sustained economic growth, shared prosperity and social progress. It comprises the ten countries of Southeast Asia. The entry into force of the ASEAN Charter on 15 December 2008 had provided new impetus to ASEAN’s integration efforts by establishing a legal and institutional framework required to achieve the ASEAN Community by 2015. This includes the newly approved organisational structure of the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) that is aligned to the requirements of the Charter and the three Blueprints of the ASEAN Political-Security Community (APSC), the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), and the ASEAN Socio- Cultural Community (ASCC). The ASEAN Secretariat is therefore well positioned to provide the necessary functions required to effectively support the community building process under the Charter and the Blueprints. Currently the ASEC is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Secretary, who will work under the Education, Youth & Training Division, Socio-Cultural Cooperation Directorate, ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties will cover, but not limited to the following
1. Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Education, Youth and Training Division
- Establish and maintain a coherent filing system in accordance to ISO standard.
- Arrange hotel reservation, ticketing and prepare Travel Authorization for the staff of the Division travelling to attend meetings.
- Compile and prepare document kits for meetings (photocopy/ disseminate relevant documents/papers/letters for the Division desk officers).
2. Coordinate and manage general correspondence
- Record Incoming and Outgoing Letters/Memos including distribution of incoming letters and memos to the relevant officers.
- Arrange schedules for appointments of the Head of the Division.
- Respond to queries and provide necessary information related to the Division.
3. Coordinate events organised by the ASEAN Secretariat
- Services as a supporting staff in meetings organized by the ASEAN Secretariat.
- Prepare the logistics; room arrangement, distribute the material for meetings and ensure the preparation of the necessary equipment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Secretarial studies or related field or discipline with minimum three (3) years relevant working experience.
- Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks.
- Well-organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges in supporting diverse people and programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Demonstrated sound oral and written communication skills and sound interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours and perform tasks outside the usual job scope.
- Good command of English, written and spoken.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
Remuneration and Benefits
Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package including monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalisation insurance, and an annual bonus of a month’s basic salary. Subject to good performance during the probation, the candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of three (3) years, inclusive of the six-month probationary period. The successful candidate is expected to be on-board by 1 January 2015.
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at www.asean.org.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Secretary Education, Youth & Training Division.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 26 October 2014.
The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.