Apply by: July 17, 2021
Organization: University of Sydney
Location: Sydney, Australia
The Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC) is seeking applications for the several positions of Postdoctoral Research Associate. SSEAC’s postdoctoral positions are available to postdoctoral researchers working on topics related to our five research clusters—economic and social development, environment and resources, health, heritage and the arts, state and society—in any Southeast Asian country (or countries) and in any discipline. Applicants must have held their PhDs for no more than four (4) years as of 30 June 2021 (or equivalent if the candidate has substantive career interruptions). Appointments are for two years.
In this position, the postdoctoral research associates will:
- participate in the SSEAC Fellowship Hothouse and submit a high-quality DECRA application in either 2021 or 2022
- prepare and submit high-quality publications based on existing or new research
- design, plan, schedule and prepare for implementation of future research projects
- undertake other activities commensurate to the role’s classification level
The eligibility qualifications for Postdoctoral Research Associate include:
- a PhD in a relevant field of study
- experience conducting original research related to Southeast Asia
- experience publishing in high-quality journals
- a willingness and ability to actively contribute to the life of SSEAC
Kindly take note that SSEAC will not sponsor visa costs and prospective postdoctoral research associates must be based in Australia or New Zealand.
To learn more about the benefits and apply for this position, click here.