Apply by: August 27, 2021
Organization: Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) is now accepting applicants for the position of Human Rights Defenders (HRD) Programme Associate (Myanmar Project). The deadline for submission of applications is on August 27, 2021 (midnight Bangkok/Jakarta Time).
Education: Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in human rights, law, politics, social sciences, international relations, development studies or other relevant fields.
- Mature personality with ability to work in a multicultural and demanding working
environment with cross-programme coordination;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing deadlines;
- High-level of self-motivated, positive attitude, strategic thinking and multi-tasking
- Good team player.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in the field of human right, preferably in the
context of both national and regional/international NGOs, with at least two years of
this experience specific to HRD programme/project in Myanmar;
- Working experience with HRDs/WHRDs at risk, including experience of rapid
emergency assistance to cases of HRDs/WHRDs at risk;
- Comprehensive knowledge of human rights issues in Myanmar. Knowledge on issues
in neighboring countries is a plus;
- Ability to assess and address the security issues of threatened HRDs/WHRDs in Asia
and familiarity with physical, digital security issues and tools as well as psycho-social
well-being issues; and
- Preferably, good understanding of the work and history of FORUM-ASIA.
- Candidates must have native or near-native fluency in English and Burmese. Other
local languages used in Myanmar is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to rapidly analyse and
integrate diverse information from varied sources into a concise analysis;
- Strong ability to harness and maintain good relations with various stakeholders such
as FORUM-ASIA members, partners, government officials, diplomats, NGOs, NHRIs,
media and other relevant institutions and civil society organisation; and
- Strong technical aptitude and expertise with MS Office tools
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- A copy of your completed Application Form;
- A resume and a cover letter (Both in PDF file) explaining interest in the position.
Completed applications must be sent by email to FORUM-ASIA at [email protected] by 27 August 2021, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC +7), stating “Human Rights Defenders Programme Associate Position (Myanmar project)” in the subject line. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
To access the PDF version of this call and learn more information, click here.