Apply by: April 6, 2015
Organization: Engage Media
EngageMedia is looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated professional to lead its Asia team, programs, and organisation wide operations. EngageMedia’s activities in Southeast Asia span the region with particular focus on Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Myanmar.
The Regional Director oversees EngageMedia’s Asia programs, partnerships, fundraising and grant management. The position also works across the entire organisation to oversee finance, human resources and operations. The Regional Director ensures that all EngageMedia work occurs at the highest possible standard.
- Grow the organisation’s regional activities and operational capacity to support them
- Sustain and develop relationships with Southeast Asia-based partners and funders
- Ensure the financial integrity of the organisation
- Ensure the effective implementation of the organisations’ strategy and programs in Southeast Asia
- Ensure a productive and well managed working environment for staff
- Facilitate and lead Southeast Asia-based program design
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor the annual budget and maintain a healthy cash flow and adequate reserves
- Authorise invoices and payments; and oversee the tracking of operational and project budgets for Southeast Asia projects
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports to the board as required
- Oversee the Finance and Administration Manager, ensuring finances are maintained to an audit ready standard
- Lead funding opportunities and oversee grant reporting for Southeast Asia programs
- Pursue and oversee the organisation’s consultancy and fee for service work
- Support the fundraising work of the Strategy and Development Director
Strategy and Planning
- Provide input into strategy development, including anticipating changes and planning for growth
- Ensure implementation of the strategic plan, overseeing program and operations development in Southeast Asia
Organisational and Program Management
- Schedule and plan the organisation’s activities, ensuring resources are properly distributed and meet required deadlines
- Provide oversight and direction to project managers
Partner Development, and Outreach and Networking
- Maintain and develop partnerships with a range of organisations, individuals and networks within South-East Asia, including attending relevant events
- Present and promote EngageMedia and its mission, programs and partners in a consistent and positive manner
Policies, Procedures and Governance
- Ensure policies and procedures are up to date and followed, developing new procedures and recommending new policies to the Board where necessary
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Report to the board as per Regional Director’s remit
- Ensure good practice and systems to maintain positive working relationships across South East Asia-based operations
- Ensure that personnel policies are adhered to in all employment practices
- Directly coordinate senior programme and operational staff
- Coordinate contracts and lead staff performance reviews
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management position in a media or non-profit organisation
- Familiarity with working in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Excellent communications skills including fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one Southeast Asian language
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing projects and programs
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in finance monitoring and reporting
- Familiarity with foundation funding models, grant writing and reporting
- Experience in working in the media and advocacy sectors
- Familiarity working with technology and an interest in its development
- Motivated and self-organised
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse beneficiaries and partners
- Leadership and team building skills – ability to draw people together and move them toward common goals
- Strong networks in the advocacy and non-profit sector in Southeast Asia
Start Date, Location and Remuneration
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month, full time contract will be offered. The position must be based in a major Southeast Asia capital, or in the organisation’s Yogyakarta office. Presence in the Indonesia office is required at minimum on a quarterly basis.
A competitive international NGO wage, attuned to cost of living in the position’s location, will be offered.
How to Apply
- describe your interest in the position and why you would want to work with EngageMedia; (Max 500 words)
- respond concisely, but briefly, to each of the selection criteria;
- append your CV and the names and contacts of two referees.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is April 6, 2015.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
The first round of interviews will be held via video conference between April 8 – 10. Those successful in proceeding to the second round of interviews may be requested to travel (at EngageMedia’s expense) to attend a face to face interview between April 13-15.