Apply by: May 1, 2015
Organization: Engage Media
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and creative individual to support EngageMedia’s video outreach, engagement, and impact.
The Editorial and Outreach Officer works closely with EngageMedia’s editorial and communications team to support promotion and engagement of social change media through content curation, event coordination and partnership building.
This position is full-time and based in our Yogyakarta office.
- To enhance the impact of human rights and environmental video from Southeast Asia via effective collection, curation, outreach and distribution
- To enhance the digital distribution skills of video activists and campaigners in Southeast Asia
- To support the development of a network of video activists well versed in the strategic use of online video distribution tools as a means for creating social and environmental change
- To support the compilation of a body of online video materials for EngageMedia.org
- To expand access to, and the reach of, key video productions from Indonesia via subtitling and translation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Curate media content from producers across Southeast Asia, including the addition of key supporting information to allow for easier uptake by other media
- Produce content, write blogs and updates on news and events for the EngageMedia.org website
- Develop partnerships with video activists, TV stations, citizen journalists, NGOs and mainstream media outlets to get content distributed
- Maintain communications with a community of volunteer translators/subtitles of citizen human rights and environmental video content
- Assist in project planning including developing a distribution, outreach and social engagement plan for EngageMedia work
- Assist in production of EngageMedia’s monthly newsletter, as well as contributing to EngageMedia online platforms
- Represent EngageMedia in online and offline forum to expand EngageMedia network and share our work with the larger community
- Assist in translation of existing materials for video advocacy workshops for use by Indonesian video community
- Translate and subtitle content via our Lingua community
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of outreach, engagement, and impact targets
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia and working proficiency in English
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Base level video production and editing skills
- Event coordination skills
- Proficient in the use of online technologies including social media
- Outreach and promotion experience
- Good networks in the activist, film, media, and non-profit sector in Indonesia
- High level of organisational, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Ability to work independently, manage deadlines and take initiative
- Effective team player
- Ability to work across cultures
How to Apply
Submit your CV and a cover letter in English (max 500 words) describing your interest in the position and why you want to work with EngageMedia.
Please provide the names and contacts of two referees.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is May 1st, 2015.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
The position will start as soon as possible.
A competitive Indonesian NGO wage is offered. A monthly communications allowance and travel insurance are included along with a relocation allowance if the person is required to move from another location.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and free software technologies to create social and environmental change. We believe independent media and free and open technologies are fundamental to building the movements needed to challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to provide and present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent filmmakers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.
Find out more about us at https://engagemedia.org