Apply by: January 31, 2015
Organization: Equality Myanmar
Colors Rainbow seeks one committed and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Program Coordinator. This position is full time and starts as soon as possible.
Equality Myanmar is a nongovernmental organization which facilitates a broad range of human rights education and advocacy programs. Equality Myanmar (formerly known as Human Rights Education Institution of Burma – HREIB) was founded in 2000 with the goal of empowering the people of Burma through human rights education to engage in social transformation and promote a culture of human rights. Since 2007, HREIB has operated an LGBT Rights Program, Colors Rainbow (CR), which consists of trainings, discussions, networking meetings, community events, lobby, advocacy and research projects, and the production of multimedia resources. Colors Rainbow transitioned inside Myanmar in 2013 and provides trainings throughout the country. CR produces a Myanmar- language website, TV program, and magazine covering LGBT rights issues in Myanmar and abroad.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator will have responsibility for overall development and implementation of the Colors Rainbow program. The Program Coordinator will have the following responsibilities;
- Plan, manage, implement and monitor program activities and budget;
- Develop strategies to ensure program and organizational development in accordance with current
- political and social situations;
- Facilitate and conduct trainings, meetings, workshops, events and advocacy campaign to promote
- human rights, LGBT rights, non-discrimination and equality;
- Coordinate with implementing partners and stakeholders for effective program implementation and ensure strong networking;
- Maintain smooth working relationship with local and international groups, organizations, institutions and stakeholders;
- Maintain strong program monitoring, information gathering, compilation and filing system for the different projects;
- Work closely with Program Manager, Development Manager and the Colors Rainbow team to ensure the program implementation are in line with organization’s value;
- Supervise and monitor project staff to ensure effective implementation of project activities in timely manner
- Monitor project budgets are effectively used by project personnel;
- Prepare and submit proper technical and financial reports;
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Myanmar national
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in development, social science, public management or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with NGOs/CSOs with understanding of current human rights and political situation
- Ability to engage effectively with excellent verbal and written communication skills in Myanmar and English
- Understanding of project management and project budgets with strong financial management skills
- Strong supervising skill and organizational skills including time management to complete multiple tasks under pressure
- Excellent reporting skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Respect human rights and diversity
- Ability to use MS Office suite and internet
Salary and Benefits
Competitive local salary commensurate with experience; basic healthcare coverage; and related travel costs for field trips. Opportunities to engage with local, regional and international human rights advocacy networks. External capacity building opportunities will also be engaged depends.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may send their application in English to: email@example.com not later than 31 January 2015 with followings;
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for two references
For more information about Equality Myanmar/Colors Rainbow and our work please visit www.hreib.com, www.colorsrainbow.com and www.tvnews.colorsrainbow.com.
EQMM/Colors Rainbow is committed to equality in opportunity for all people. We have a policy of non-discrimination, offering equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without regard to such matters as race, sex, gender, religion, national and/or ethnic origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, or other status.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted