April 19, 2022
ASEAN Event in Indonesia
The ASEAN University Network, the ASEAN Human Development Organization and two other organizations will organize a webinar titled ‘Freedom in Southeast Asia: A Dialogue on the Dream of Freedom with Nobel Laureates and Thought Leaders in Southeast Asia’ on 19 April 2022, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (Jakarta/GMT+7).
In the upcoming ECAAR Webinar series in its 6th iteration, Freedom in Southeast Asia on April 19, apart from the extraordinary dialogue by two of Southeast Asia’s Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, Maria Ressa of the Philippines and José Ramos-Horta of Timor Leste on ethical issues and the future of the ASEAN region in the areas of governing democracy, human rights, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and social media, we are excited to announce honorable thought leaders and experts who will join our panel discussion in the second session of the webinar.
- Maria Ressa, CEO and Co-Founder of Rappler and Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- H.E. Jose Ramos Horta, Former President of Timor-Leste
- H.E. Yuyun Wahjunigrum, Representative of Indonesia to ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights
- Dr. Surachanee Hammerli Sriyai, Lecturer at the Faculty of Politcal Science, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Vincent Carlo Legara, Political Science student, Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines
Moderator: Dr. Bob Aubrey, Founder of AHDO & Chair of the Advisory Board, will the moderator for the entire webinar
To register for this webinar, click here.