September 23, 2021
Other Event in Philippines
Doublethink Lab will launch their new online disinformation playbook entitled “Escape the Mist: Disinfo Walkthrough” on September 23, 2021, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (Manila/Kuala Lumpur Time).
This website presents the disinformation ecosystem and how people are affected by it. It reveals ways to distinguish malicious messages such as conspiracy theories and propaganda. It provides individuals and organizations some possible measures to counter disinformation. The website is intended to be a one-stop toolkit that can offer civil society perspectives and mechanisms to combat disinformation.
- Mikey Biddlestone (Postgraduate Researcher and Associate Lecturer in the School of Psychology, University of Kent, UK) / Conspiracy Checklist: how to identify conspiracy theories
- Chat for Taiwan / Disarming Dialogue: Why is frequent conversation the best strategy to counter disinformation?
- Khoo Ying Hooi (Head and Senior Lecturer at the Department of International and Strategic Studies, University of Malaya) / Localizing Digital Knowledge to Combat Disinformation on Covid-19 in Timor-Leste
- Mac Andre Arboleda (Founding President of UP Internet Freedom Network) / Artists for Digital Rights Network
- Nicole Curato (Professor at the Centre for Deliberative Democracy and Global Governance at the University of Canberra) / What is still missing? Measures we could take further to counter disinformation in South East Asia
To register for the event, click here.