December 11, 2013 - December 12, 2013
In line with the mandate 4.3 of AICHR, to enhance public awareness of human rights among the peoples of ASEAN through education, research and dissemination of information, and mandate 4.6, to promote the full implementation of ASEAN Instruments related to human rights, this workshop is important to ensure the application of human rights based approach to the Post-2015 MDGs Agenda that will also complement the realization of the ASEAN Community.
The workshop will be organized in the form of a panel discussion with invited panelists and time for open, interactive discussion with targeted participants. The expected participants of this workshop are as follows:
- Representatives from the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights;
- Government agencies primarily handling MDGs and human rights issues and concerns from all ASEAN Member States;
- Relevant ASEAN Sectoral Bodies
- National Human Rights Institutions in ASEAN
- Relevant regional organisations and selected Civil Society Organisations.
- ASEAN Secretariat (related with MDGs)
- External sponsors (if necessary)
For more information, please visit the AICHR website here.