May 6, 2012 - May 10, 2012
Discussed the Principles of the Declaration for all sections. Some issues emerged as follow:
– Some countries (especially Laos) insisted that the words of National and Regional specificity can be added which then refused by other member countries in AICHR.
– There was an objection to include right along with the term statelessness .
– There were member countries that suggested that the word the duties of states to be changed with the responsibilities of state .
– One country has insisted that the number of page for the declaration should be limited to five pages only.
– There was a debate on the right to practice and change one s religion.