The Strengthening Human Rights and Peace Research in Southeast Asia (SHAPE-SEA), in collaboration with ASEAN University Network-Human Rights Education Theme (AUN-HRE), ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights, the Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies, Mahidol University and the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights (NCHR) at University of Oslo, invites you to join Essay Writing Competition for Undergraduate Students on Critical Human Rights and Peace Issues in ASEAN/Southeast Asia for 2022. Our theme is “ASEAN Declaration on Human Rights: Ten Years On!”
Our essay competition offers undergraduate students in Southeast Asia a platform to examine the impacts of AHRD over the past ten years. Ultimately, we are keen to know if the Declaration has made any significant effects on the lives of ASEAN peoples, and how it can be strengthened or reformed in light of achieving a culture of human rights in ASEAN/Southeast Asia.
- Analytical papers written in English within a maximum of 500-700 words (excluding title, references, notes)
- Essays should be original and should not have been previously published elsewhere.
- Essays must be written only by one person.
- Font style and size: Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 line spacing, justify alignment
- In-text citations and reference must be in APA (seventh edition) format https://guides.libraries.psu.edu/apaquickguide/intext
- Essays should be submitted in MS Word with file name: Name_Country.(doc/docx)
Deadline for submission is on 31 August 2022 (23:59 GMT+7). Interested applicants can submit their essay here.
For more information regarding this contest, visit https://bit.ly/3PuNl5i or Scan the QR Code on the Poster.