Apply by: August 22, 2014
Currently the ASEAN Secretariat is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Technical Officer who will work under the AIPA, ASEAN Foundation, AICHR and Entities Associated with ASEAN Division, Community Affairs Development Directorate, Community & Corporate Affairs Department.
The duties of the incumbent will cover, but not be limited to the following:
- Perform tasks as the Communications Officer for the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR)
- Provide assitance to pre-, during, and post-meetings
- Provide technical advoce, recommendations and administrative support
- Facilitate communication and cooperation among ASEAN Member States and other relevant stakeholders
- Prepare the annual budget of the Division for travel and hosting of meetings, as well as monitor the utilisation of said budget throughout the financial year
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Law, Human Rights, Communications, Development Studies, International Relations, Social Sciences or an appropriate related field or discipline with a minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in technical role. Human rights knowledge and experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge, research and technical skills in the relevant area and the ability to acquire them.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment and in work planning.
- Ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, perform tasks outside the usual job scope, and willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
- Good command of English, written and spoken
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application form withr recent photograph, which can be downloaded at www.asean.org