Apply by: June 10, 2022
Organization: Amnesty International
Location: London, England
Amnesty International is seeking applicants for the position of Researcher on Taxation and Human Rights. As one of Amnesty International’s lead experts on tax justice and human rights, the successful candidate will support the movement in this area, developing analysis and research to highlight how tax systems should be used to fairly mobilize resources to fulfil human rights. The role will lead on the development and implementation of research and advocacy strategies, develop policy positions, as well as provide authoritative advice to country and thematic specialists in the International Secretariat (IS), sections and structures.
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Skills and Experience
- Specialist and in-depth knowledge of taxation, fiscal policy and their connections to human rights – in particular economic and social rights – and an in-depth understanding of the nature of key human rights concerns, as well as the relevant political, social, legal, economic, cultural, ethnic, racial and gender issues;
- Extensive professional experience of undertaking research and advocacy on taxation, fiscal policy and their connections to social justice and/or human rights;
- Understanding of the international human rights legal framework, particularly with respect to economic, social and cultural rights, and relevant developments, gained through experience working within or on the sector.
- Proven experience of working on taxation, fiscal policy and human rights.
- Significant experience of undertaking high-quality desk research, as demonstrated in a range of publications.
- Ability to analyze human rights issues, and to develop short and long-term strategies to achieve human rights impact and solid change.
- Ability to think strategically and exercise sound political judgement in developing policy positions;
- Excellent written and spoken English and the ability to produce clear, persuasive, and concise research documents, policy positions and strategy papers.
The closing date for this position is 10th June 2022. To apply for this role, click here.