Apply by: May 5, 2015
Organization: FORUM - ASIA
As a membership-based regional human rights organisation, FORUM-ASIA works to promote and protect all human rights, including the right to development, through collaboration and cooperation between human rights defenders and organisations in Asia. FORUM-ASIA presently has 47 member organisations across 16 countries in Asia. Founded in 1991, FORUM-ASIA is committed to building a peaceful, just, equitable and ecologically sustainable community of peoples and societies in Asia where all human rights of all individuals, groups and peoples—in particular, the poor, marginalised and discriminated people—are fully respected and realised in accordance with internationally accepted human rights norms and standards.
FORUM-ASIA, as a NGO in Consultative Status with the United Nations, advocates human rights issues through engagement with governments, inter-governmental organisations and the United Nations for the better promotion and protection of all human rights.
Position : Admin staff (Part time)
Location : Jakarta, Indonesia
Employment Duration : 6 months, contract renewable
Salary & Benefits : USD 500 per month depending on experience
Closing date : 5 May 2015
Interview Dates : 6 – 10 May 2015
Duties and Responsibilities
The Admin staff provide logistical support for the implementation of programmes and projects of FORUM-ASIA Jakarta office.
Reporting directly to the ASEAN Advocacy Manager, the Admin staff shall:
- Support the work of Programme Manager and other staffs and implement the tasks given by the Programme Manager
- Assist in filing and documentation of organizational documents
- Assist in preparation of meetings and activities
- Prepare sundry payments
- Handle petty cash transactions
- Carry out other tasks entrusted by the Programme Manager
Basic Qualifications and Selection Criteria
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of administration, finance or a related subject.
- Mature personality; ability to work in a multicultural setting and demanding working environment with cross programme coordination.
- Self-motivated, down to earth, disciplined, positive attitude, flexibility in thinking and multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to work under pressure, less supervision and manage team’s deadlines.
- Ability to digest big amount of information and analyse and categorise them quickly.
- Good team player.
- Minimum two years work experience in the field of administration, preferably also experience in the field of finance.
- Preferably a minimum of one-year work experience in organisation/programme/project management in NGO.
- Familiarity on working with NGO.
- Good interpersonal communication skill.
- Good command of both spoken and written English. Good command of one other ASEAN national languages would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with the use of Internet and email.
- Familiarity with the use of Computer programmes, particularly MS Word and Excel.
Those who are interested in the job are requested to fill in the FORUM-ASIA Job Application Form and return the form by email together with a self-introduction letter to: [email protected] at the latest by 5 May 2015.
The successful candidate will be contacted for an interview to be conducted in Jakarta or by Skype between 6-10 May 2015. The interview may include a written test or practical test.