November 21, 2013 - November 22, 2013
The 3-day consultation will be held at the Holiday Inn Silom Hotel located at 981 Silom Rd, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand (Tel: +66 (0)2 238 4300). The link to the website for the consultation is: http://
Objectives of the Consultation
- To explore the most urgent opportunities and challenges facing freedom of expression in Asia today.
- To introduce the concept of political-electoral communication and collect regional recommendations for the UN Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Expression´s report to be presented to the United Nations General Assembly in June 2014.
- To assess the current state of digital surveillance across the region, and explore the opportunities and challenges for promoting the recommendations of the UN Special Rapporteurs Report on Surveillance and Freedom of Expression.
- To establish how the recommendations of the UN Special Rapporteurs Report on Access to the Internet have or have not been implemented across the region and strategies for promoting internet access.
- To bring civil society groups from across Asia together to develop strategies for working as a regional group with shared goals
Mr. Sayeed Ahmad, Country Team Programme Manager
Tel: +66 (0)2 637 9126; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mr. John Liu, East Asia Programme Officer
Tel: +66 (0)2 637 9126; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Global Partners Digital
Ms. Dixie Hawtin
Tel: +44 (0)20 7549 0338; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Bytes for All, Pakistan
Mr. Shahzad Ahmad, Country Director
Tel: +92 333 5236 060; Email: email@example.com