June 30, 2021
CSO Event in Thailand
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA), Franciscans International, Philippine Alliance of Human Rights Advocates (PAHRA) will organize an event entitled “Authorizing the assault on the poor and active citizens in the Philippines” which will he held on June 30, 2021, 5:00pm to 6:30pm (Bangkok/Jakarta Time). This is a virtual side event in conjunction with the 47th regular session of the UN Human Rights Council.
The webinar aims to:
- Discuss how the human rights violations in the Philippines have intensified and become multi-faceted;
- Discuss how the gravest human rights violations have been perpetrated by the President’s and the State’s standing and prevailing orders;
- Gather support towards accountability through an independent international investigation into the rights violations in the Philippines.
- Nymia Pimentel Simbulan, Executive Director, Philippine Human Rights Center (PhilRights)
- Joseph Purugganan, Head, In Defense of Human Rights and Dignity Movement (iDEFEND)
- Gilbert Andres, Deputy Executive Director, The Center for International Law (CENTERLAW)
To register for this webinar, click here.